Account Limitation / Verify Identity

bxxtt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've had this PayPal account since 2009 I use it primarily for purchasing but have on a number of occasions sold items on eBay and received payments also, out of nowhere my account has been limited and is asking me to verify identity and give permission to check against Equifax, bit strange and inconvenient but it is what it is, following the prompts to restore it so I can continue to use the PayPal account I use multiple times a week (not to mention the money stuck in my account) . My question is why would my account be limited and need to verify identity after 11 years of use with no issue? any light that can be shone on this will be much appreciated.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bxxtt 

I.

Did you open the account when you were over 18 or under?

Could be because of increased security and i.d. verifications recently.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bxxtt
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the reply @kernowlass 

Yes i was 17 at the time of opening the account

I will follow the prompts and submit the required documentation

I've also had to do a name change on my account before i can resolve the account limitations as my account was in my Non-Legal Surname

i will provide update when this is all sorted

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor
@bxxtt If you were underage then your account will probably be banned as it was an illegally opened underage account unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.