Account Limitation Run Around

binaryblogger
Contributor
Contributor

Here's my account limitation story.

I have been a PayPal user for 5+ years. No problem.

I get an email from PayPay letting me know you can buy crypto now, cool! So I go into my account, look through the options and I have $100 in my account and try to buy some crypto. BAM! Account limited now due to 'suspicious activity'.

OK, they ask for a pile of personal info, photo ID, proof of address, a written explanation and proof of the bank account I have on my PayPal.

I upload the photo, I add a utility bill, I write an explanation and send the cover of my bank statement.

Crickets. A week goes by and I call. I get a person on the phone. She confirmed everything was received. She then says my utility bill is rejected. Why? The bill is in my name and wife's name. They claim I need a bill with only my name... stupid, fine. I find one and upload it. She rejects my bank statement, even though it's my bank, account number and my name on it. She said they need to see transactions on that account... what? That's not proving ownership. Whatever, I get my statement, remove my balance info and reupload.

I call back a week later since I heard nothing and go through the docs again and she ends the call with a congrats! all documents are received and you will be reviewed. Good.

I login today and see ALL my documents are now marked as ILLEGIBLE.

So I re-uploaded the exact same files before, two high res photos and a PDF and re-wrote my explanation as they claimed it didn't explain anything.

Around I go, thankfully I only have $100 in there but still, this is beyond ridiculous.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.