Account Limitation: Proof of address

MamaUnicorn
New Community Member
The place where I'm staying at is under my parents' names, so even the bills are under their names. Can I still send that as my proof of address?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MamaUnicorn 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3756

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

must they want the utility bills?

do you and your parent who has his name on the utility bill share the same surname?

Proof of address
These documents must be dated within the last 3 months to be considered acceptable:

• Current utility bill dated within the last 3 months
  • Bank, credit card, or financial statement
  • Cell phone bill
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @MamaUnicorn,

I'm sorry abut the difficulty you're facing with supplying documents for a limitation. The link that @kernowlass provided is correct for acceptable documents for limitations on US accounts. The requirements may be slightly different in other countries. I regret there isn't a version of that article in the Philippines Help Center.

All documents must be in your own name. Even if the last name is the same, the first name must match as well. @Teslafan101 is correct about the requirement for the newness of the documents.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.