Account Limitation Email

RoseSpitter1
New Community Member

Hi 
I recently opened an account to sell my artwork using Mysterious Arts as the account name and all was going fine until yesterday when I received an email from PayPal saying that I could no longer use PayPal and they were holding my money for sales I'd made.

I spoke with 'customer services' who weren't much use (is there a UK based contact centre - I really struggled to understand the girl I spoke with and a lot of the conversation was lost in us asking each other continually to repeat what we just said)

I opened this account to sell my artwork to try and have some income after being laid off from work - it was never going to be the same as a salary but it could stop me losing my home.

The holding of funds for 21 days after a sale was bad enough but they now hold £800 of my sales money which was earmarked to pay our mortgage - I tried to explain that to the girl on the phone but made no difference - we are talking about losing my home!

She went to speak with an adviser and when she came back 20 minutes later, told me that the account is being closed because I hadn't opened it using a legal name - OK, <Removed> mistake, let me change the name to my own? No, they are closing the account and I "May" receive information on how to withdraw my money in 180 days! 6 Months! How do I ask my mortgage provider to hang on for 6 months because PayPal didn't like my account name?

Can anyone PLEASE help me here?

Thanks

<Removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RoseSpitter1 

Sadly if you opened a legal financial account with a fake name then its unlikely you can access the funds.

The funds belong to the person named on the account that can show a legal document to prove its their name.

You don't open a bank account with a fake name do you?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.