Account Limit

SarahCook1
New Community Member

So for context, I am an artist online who makes art for people for profit. I thought Paypal was 13+ and made an account when I was 14. I had the account for a year, earning 60+ dollars in total. My account was locked and we couldn't provide confirmation information such as billing, I am a minor I have no billing proof, and I also had no proof of my name since I used an online name due to internet safety. We called Paypals customer service many days for hours trying to sort this out, explaining, bank information, etc just for them to turn around and send emails saying they need proof. The staff said they would resolve this issue but never did. Extremely upset, I earnt that money myself, It was a simple misunderstanding, I really want my hard earnt money back. ($61 in the acc rn which I can't move).

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SarahCook1 

So you opened an illegal underage account with fake details and expect paypal to sort it out for you???

Nope never going to happen that account and your money would be permanently limited.

Normally you can access the funds when you are 18 or have it transferred to a parents account but unfortunately the funds in that account belong to the person named on the account who has a legal document to prove its their name. As you used a fake one then its not you is it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.