Account LIMITED during COVID. No Support to help me?

Fstora
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys! I just wanted to withdraw money, I was having a breakfast and I was afk so it logged out and when I logged back in my account was temporarily limited. I logged in from the same device I always log in, I have the phone authentication thing and yet still my account was limited. Now here is the problem - To resolve the issue I needed to reupload my ID (Something that I have done in the past) and to change my password. I reuploaded my ID right away but when I tried to change my password it required me to type my current password. So I type it in and enter a new password as well but he stupid automated system gives me this message - Please check your current password. Just to confirm I logged in and logged out of PayPal again and the password is 100% right, I tried again and again and I still got the "Please check your current password" message. So here I am, limited account in a pandemic with no SUPPORT to assist me. This is a big crisis for me, how can I get this resolved ASAP? 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Fstora
Contributor
Contributor
So, I manage to change the password but NOW I can't even log in. When I tried to log in I get the "We noticed some unusual activity in your account" message and after I enter the phone authentication I get the "Change the password" option. Once I enter a new password it says "You're all set" and it REDIRECTS me to the login page again. Then I do and the same thing happens OVER AND OVER. PayPal, what the hell is going on? I need a Customer Support Agent to help me with this! 
Login to Me Too

alelledo
New Community Member

Hi Fstora, 

this is horrible that happened to you during this pandemic. 

I find myself in a similar situation, 

have you found a solution or an agent to help you? 

Regards, 

Alex.

Login to Me Too

carltor2
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me as well and I am trying to buy shipping lables and its not letting even do that.  I guess i have to go to post offcie and send out my orders on by one.  This is driving me crazy right now.  I dont understand how a compnay like Paypal cant have a human to talk to you.  If anyone has ideas please le me know.....thanks

Login to Me Too

rsm11
New Community Member

I don't know if this has been resolved for you yet but I appear to have managed to get around this. What I did was go to my security tab after logging in and changed my account password there, then when I went and rechecked the notification I had been sent where it asks for ID etc. it said that the password change was "Complete"

Hope this helps 🙂

Login to Me Too

slacker_011
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this exact same problem. It says "Check your current password." It is correct — I use 1Password to manage passwords and have triple-checked.

I am able to change my password in Settings/Security, but this hasn't resolved the account limitation dialogue for me.

I have left a Message in the Help Center, but no reply.

If my bank, visa, and other services can maintain customer service during this time, it is incredulous that PayPal cannot, when it is a financial institution.

Once I get this sorted, I've learned my lesson. No more keeping money in PayPal. Don't trust Thiel. And I will be looking elsewhere for alternatives for my business use.

Login to Me Too

slacker_011
Contributor
Contributor

OK – try this (!)

Put your old and new passwords in the Restore dialogue box.

Click submit, yes you will get the error message.

Now, wait a few minutes (no idea if this is necessary) and without changing the fields, click AGAIN.

This worked for me. Paypal's site is buggy. Gives you great confidence in their "security."

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.