Account Incorrectly Shut Down

TeeDee1118
New Community Member

In December I called PayPal on behalf of my grandmother who was experiencing fraudulent charges. I explained to the representative that my grandmother did not have a PayPal account so there was no way any charges should have been made on her debit card. The representative assisted me with the issue and advised that PayPal would shut down the fraudulent account. However, instead of shutting the fraudulent PayPal account, they shut my legitimate account down. The representative is the one who actually gave me the fraudulent email that the fraudulent account was attached to. I’ve tried messaging through the message center to resolve. I’ve tried calling the customer support number, but because my legitimate account was shut down they won’t connect me to a representative. At this point I’m annoyed at the lack of help. I was going to just shut down my account but it won’t even let me reMove my cards and personal info. I’m stuck. Please help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.