Account Hacked

lfanderson1
Contributor
Contributor
what do you do when your account has been hacked and you get nowhere real fast. I cant seem to get a human who can help me. They transfer me to another place and then I get " we are unable to support my request at this time" go to website. The website is completely NOT user friendly and leaves no options to dispute charges that they say I owe to someone I did not get funds with. Their investigations are a joke. There is no logic and they do not look at any computer trails. I am very frustrated at this company's business practices. Can anyone tell me what i can do? I will not pay for something I did not get... aka being hacked.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
Hey i was able to solve this and I thought i should share it with you. I went to the messaging center and requested a call regarding fraud. They said they will call me, and I received a call from[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] I explained EVERYTHING and told them about all my identity theft reports and online fraud reports i did to my local attorney general office, FTC and IC3. They re opened the dispute that they closed. And not even 4hrs later they have removed the debt from my account. This was A HORRIBLE nightmare that i have been living for days receiving nothing from them. Im glad it ended. Please give this a try also most importantly report it to FTC. Let me know if you need help with anything
Login to Me Too

Aussiemillion
Contributor
Contributor
Hi ! Thanks a lot for yr reply 🙂 I have few questions thou, what is FTC? I can I request a call from the customer support? I ve tried several time to ask for a live operator, they always told me they will call back but they never did 😞
Login to Me Too

Mjksaru
Contributor
Contributor
FTC is short for Federal Trade commission and you can report identify theft with them. I was hacked and someone used my personal info and my money to place an order at adidas to be sent to an address in Florida that i did not authorize. If your personal info gets compromised do not underestimate the length these hackers can go to to take advantage of it. So a report like this will go a long way when you need it. ( for example if paypal didnt canceled the debt they will transfer it to collection agency and i can use that report to request them to immediately stop debt and not report it to the credit bureau, it’s a law under fair credit reporting act) and yes, you can request a call that’s what i did and that exactly what i typed (I need to speak to someone about the debt and fraud that happened using my account) and they got back to me SAME DAY. I know what a nightmare PayPal was to me so good luck and let me know if i can help you with anything else
Login to Me Too

lfanderson1
Contributor
Contributor
I have also tried to deal with several phone calls and message board request and no calls back. They always wanted to transfer me to somewhere that didn't exist and was hung up on.
Login to Me Too

lfanderson1
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! I am not sure what those entities are or even where to find them. FTC is the federal Trade Commission? I am not sure of the others. And since I am not computer savvy... i don't know where to begin. I could use help with that please. I appreciate the leads and thank you!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.