Account Hacked with several unauthorized purcases - Paypal Denied Case?!?

kcurts
Contributor
Contributor

Had about a dozen unauthorized purchases yesterday. Fortunately, I keep a close eye on my account and transferred the remainder of the money to my bank before they got it all. I reported all of them to customer service and was shocked to receive an email with an explanation of denied?!? Wasn't expecting that as I TOLD them they were unauthorized. I wasn't asking them to make a decision about it. Basically, I feel like they are calling me a liar. I know I didn't make the purchases. I assume the reply saying the activity is consistent with my buying is based on a program or algorithm, not a person looking at it, and automated. If someone actually looked, they would see that 12 purchases to an overseas seller is not consistent at all. So, since these were not actually purchased by me, obviously nothing is ever going to actually arrive at my house, do I simply wait a certain amount of time and then submit another request for reimbursement? Very very frustrating. Lesson - No longer will I keep any money in may account.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.