Account Hacked and used to buy for around 500 Euro games.

Splatter
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Woke up two days again, with a few text on my phone showing some wierd transactions from paypal. When i started to investigate it was clear that my paypal account was hacked and the hacker had bought allot of different games from three companies. Anyways, afterwards i closed my credit card and closed my paypal account, to be sure that nobody could steal any more money. I called paypal, but they told me that they couldent help me, because i had closed my account and i had to contact the bank. It has been 5 days now, and the bank told me to contact the three companis, to ask for refund before they got into the case. I havent heard from any of them, so what do i do?... 

Best Regards. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Splatter

Pity you closed your account as if you had filed unauthorised payments disputes paypal would have got your funds back for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you closed your credit card,are you still liable for these charges?

Login to Me Too

Splatter
Contributor
Contributor
Now there is The problem. According to Danish law, PayPal and I still have an agreement eventhough i closed my account. I got all the mails, mail for The transactions, i even got the e-mail of The hacker. I got every possibility to verify that the closed account is mine. But in my eyes it seems like PayPal is trying to run from Their part of The responsebility. Sry for my bad english.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.