Account Hacked, No One Answered PayPal Fraud Phone Line

Gernasper
Contributor
Contributor
I watched my money drain as my PayPal account was hacked, the hacker got me locked out of my account, and when I called paypal's fraud phone number... No one answered for 3 days! How is it I can trust this multi-million $ company (probably multi-trillion $ by now!) with all my financial information for almost 15 years, and the 1st time I need there help, there out due to a 3 day holiday weekend? I lost it! I literally could not believe I had spent my whole 3 day weekend on hold, hung up on, with no money in any account! What shocks me now is they just keep getting bigger and bigger and eBay is rediculously exclusive to them. I don't get it! How do all these companies and people trust this place with there money? I certainly can't be the only one! Obviously it's not a 3 day weekend, but it was recent enough. I just wanted to share this with anyone inquiring information about Paypal. I never thought my acct. would get hacked, but when it did, I definitely didn't think PayPal would take a holiday weekend off since scammers and thieves certainly don't! Oh, also! My fathers wallet was stolen and approx. 10 denials came through his mail from banks and department stores that wouldn't approve without more info, however two companies did approve instantly!! Yep! You got it! PayPal, and B of A! Thanks for looking out for us consumers!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dbl3
Contributor
Contributor

My story as well.  It started 7 days ago.  I have yet to talk to a real person.  Fortunately my bank is protecting me.  Charges were reversed, but impossible to contact PayPal.  I used the "TEXT" which is conversation with a computer.  Not even close to working.  I learned that apparently, you can't use the automation to dispute a charge that is pending.  You have to wait until there is a problem to report it instead of keeping it from happening.  When I can finally get it through to them I will be closing my account and never recommending them to anyone.

I have to wonder how many of us with this same story are out there.  It is sad the you have to go the "community" to get answers.  What a poorly run organization that began as a very good organization.  By Bye PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Gernasper
Contributor
Contributor
It's unbelievable how this is happening. I feel as much scammed by PayPal as I did this hacker for trusting them. Live and learn over and over again! 🤔
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.