Account Drained and Closed With Unauthorized Payments to WarGaming Group

ChristianDiBrat
Contributor
Contributor

This afternoon my PayPal account was seemingly hacked and drained with payments to WarGaming Group in Russian Rubles.

I have read the community posts saying it is a common thing to happen, but my account was immediately closed after.

The solutions on PayPal community say that I have to report the transactions from inside the account, but there is no account for me to access anymore. The email confirmations of the payments vanished once the account was deleted. I called PayPal support but they don't have live agents to speak to because of Coronavirus limitations. 

I can't use the PayPal help system to point out the transactions that were made because the account doesn't even exist.

I am not sure what to do. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ChristianDiBrat
Contributor
Contributor

@Ragnar_Lothbrok please let me know if you can help me. The PayPal forum won't let me put the email to the account involved in this post. It was <removed>. Transactions occurred between 2:00pm and 4:00pm EST on April 14, 2020. I no longer have access to the account as whoever got in closed the account right after draining it. I had roughly $500 CAD in it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@ChristianDiBrat,

Sorry to hear you're unable to access your account to report that unauthorized activity. I can certainly understand how concerning this situation can be. I'd recommend reaching out to one of our Customer Support teams via Facebook, Twitter, or Chat (if available) to help report that activity. 

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.