cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Completely Locked for seemingly no reason

vat1
Contributor

Account Completely Locked for seemingly no reason

Well, I created my PayPal account to receive payment for my art (VFX Edits, Montages, Video editing etc.) and also buy things.

Recently I did a client work and got paid.

When I went to buy something I couldn't, It said my account was limited, and I had to send Proof of Identity and Proof of Residency (or something like that), and I sent that exactly.

2-3 Days later, which is today, I go to check if something happened and when I go to the Resolutions Center I am greeted with "You can't use PayPal anymore", "At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our Used Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services." 

and I don't know what has happened. Absolutely no email wScreenshot_1.pngas sent to me whatsoever, I got money on a locked account that I can't even transfer or re-send to the client, there's nothing I can do, nowhere to click on and the Help Center is not getting me anywhere because I don't know the reason why my account was locked.

2 REPLIES 2
kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Account Completely Locked for seemingly no reason

@vat1 

Are you over 18?

Did your i.d. prove the name on your paypal account was correct ie not a nickname?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
vat1
Contributor

Re: Account Completely Locked for seemingly no reason

Yes, it did