Account Completely Locked for seemingly no reason

vat1
Contributor
Contributor

Well, I created my PayPal account to receive payment for my art (VFX Edits, Montages, Video editing etc.) and also buy things.

Recently I did a client work and got paid.

When I went to buy something I couldn't, It said my account was limited, and I had to send Proof of Identity and Proof of Residency (or something like that), and I sent that exactly.

2-3 Days later, which is today, I go to check if something happened and when I go to the Resolutions Center I am greeted with "You can't use PayPal anymore", "At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our Used Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services." 

and I don't know what has happened. Absolutely no email wScreenshot_1.pngas sent to me whatsoever, I got money on a locked account that I can't even transfer or re-send to the client, there's nothing I can do, nowhere to click on and the Help Center is not getting me anywhere because I don't know the reason why my account was locked.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@vat1 

Are you over 18?

Did your i.d. prove the name on your paypal account was correct ie not a nickname?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

vat1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, it did

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.