Account Closed, Security Reasons, No Response for Fund Disbursement

SKenworthy

Hi,

On May 3, 2019 I received a notice from Paypal that our account was being closed for "security issues." I have received no information on what the security issue is, including after many attempts at contact through email and phonee.The email is pasted below. The account is based in Costa Rica. The email states that paypal will be in contact after 180 days with information on how to disburse our funds.  So far I have received no email, have sent a number of messages to the help center with no response, and have not been able to get anyone on the phone who can help resolve this issue. Does anyone know where I might turn? Thank you for any help!

Hello XXX

For the safety and security of the PayPal network, we often review accounts for potential risks. After reviewing your account, we have decided to close it because of security issues.

We are making every effort to minimize any disruption to your business.

If your PayPal account balance is zero, and you have no unresolved buyer complaints or chargebacks, your account will remain limited.

-----------------------------------
Disbursement options
-----------------------------------

Option 1. If you owe refunds to any of your buyers, you can use the money in your PayPal account to refund them.

To refund your buyers:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.
3. Click "Contact Customer Service."
4. Under "Choose a Topic," select "Sending/Receiving Money."
5. Under "Choose a Subtopic," select "Refund/Cancel a Payment."
6. Click "Continue" and follow the instructions to refund payments.

Option 2. Money in your PayPal account will be held for 180 days. After 180 days, we'll email you information on how to receive your funds.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,
PayPal

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SKenworthy 

No one here knows how you behaved with your account or your account history and PayPal probably won't tell you due to their security model being proprietary, at least without getting some kind of court order for both parties' protection. If they let the cat out of the bag, there'd be no point of having security because people can find ways to go around it. They didn't close it for violation of user agreement/acceptable use policy which is a frequent reason people come here and ask about when they're account is limited. Something to do with security/risk, hmmm.

The way to contact customer service for further assistance with withdrawing the money if it has been 180 days and you have not received an email that you can withdrawal:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.