Accidental buy

mattb87
Contributor
Contributor

Hey so i clicked cancel on paypal from a website when i was checking out because it was too expensive but it paid for it and i reloaded the page and it paid again, im not -$80 and its not good. i've emailed the company - no response, and filed too disputes. should i call paypal or what else should i do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mattb87 

I read that after you login to PayPal to pay at a PayPal checkout integrated merchant site, its pretty much a done deal. Assume you have been charged. And the last thing you want to do is reload a page at this point in the checkout process. Better off closing the window/tab and check your funding sources. You filed disputes (hopefully not as Unauthorized Payment, you'll lose those because its not a case of unauthorized access by unknown person). If you need to change the claim type, call customer service. Ultimately it is a matter between you and the seller to resolve (their willingness to refund you and not ship the item). PayPal don't cover buyer's remorse reasons in disputes. If you paid by card, contact card issuer if you're not able to get satisfaction with the seller or PayPal.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mattb87 

I read that after you login to PayPal to pay at a PayPal checkout integrated merchant site, its pretty much a done deal. Assume you have been charged. And the last thing you want to do is reload a page at this point in the checkout process. Better off closing the window/tab and check your funding sources. You filed disputes (hopefully not as Unauthorized Payment, you'll lose those because its not a case of unauthorized access by unknown person). If you need to change the claim type, call customer service. Ultimately it is a matter between you and the seller to resolve (their willingness to refund you and not ship the item). PayPal don't cover buyer's remorse reasons in disputes. If you paid by card, contact card issuer if you're not able to get satisfaction with the seller or PayPal.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.