Accidental business account and withdrawal issues

Elf939
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I’m having a major problem! My paypal account has been causing issues for quite some time. Today, I accidentally set up a business account and I cannot close it due to having a “negative balance” which doesn’t show. There seem to be some discrepancies in my account as I set it up in the UK and with a UK bank but it has me registered as Dominican. Further, I cannot withdraw the £197.10 in my paypal balance due to it being a UK debit card and Paypal registering me as Dominican! I also cannot add a UK bank account to address this problem. I just want this to be fixed. I need to know: why is my balance saying “negative” when it is nearly £200? How do I close my business account which I don’t want or need as I only babysit and I don’t require all the functions of a business account? I would be happy to close my entire account providing I get my funds first as I am so angry with the service and lack of advice through only automated emails I have received so far. I understand that these are challenging times but I need help now! Thank you and I look forward to your response, Ellie <removed>

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Elf939

I Hope you're doing well! We applogize for this inconvenience. 

There's no option to close an account if it has an amount in your account. However, this can be downgraded into a personal account which only custoner service can do. Best help that you can do is to reaxh put with the Customer Service as they can get all this sorted out. 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages.
Use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in.
Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
You may contact Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

I hope this helps! Stay Safe. 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.