Accepting Payment from eBay when my PayPal account is banned...

SimplicityUHD
Contributor
Contributor

So while I was selling items on e Bay, my account was limited for no apparent reason. I'm sure PayPal had their reasons, but as far as I know, there were none. In order to remove my account limitations, I was required to send a picture of my Debit Card and my ID. Upon receiving these pictures, PayPal banned my account. I would not have to big of a problem with this if it weren't for the fact that I have incoming payments from eBay that I now cannot choose the option to accept the money, as my account is basically frozen (from my understanding) for 180 days. In addition to this, I have outgoing disputes that I filed before my account was limited or banned. What will happen with these disputes, as it has been over 10 days since the cases were escalated and the seller still hasn't responded. Since it is over 10 days with no response from the seller, shouldn't all of the disputes automatically be ended in the buyers favor (my favor). If so, how am I going to move the money out of my PayPal account, as I need the money to go back into my bank account. Sorry for the long list of problems. Just wanted to put all of my questions and concerns out there in hop that someone would have an answer. Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @SimplicityUHD

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

This is indeed a quite lengthy major issue. Lets break this one by one. 

Once  the limitation were not lifted, it can possibly put permanent limitation wherein you can only get your money after 180 days. BUT, you can contact customer service to see if you can appeal the limitation as they can lift that up once they are convinced that you did not violated any of the User Agreement.

You can also create a new account to link with your ebay account so that you can still receive future payments from ebay. Call EBAY or PayPal on how to link a new PayPal account. 

With the disputes you filed against the seller. If the case will be closed in your favor then it will be swept back into your funding source used during point of sale even if your account is restricted. If you cannot check the status in the resolution center then sorry but you will need to call disputes team to check status.

If you have further question, feel free to respond in this thread and I'll try to respond as soon as possible. I hope this helps! 

Stay safe. 

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

SimplicityUHD
Contributor
Contributor

I have access to the resolution center, so that should all be fine. The e-Bay payments, on the other hand, are going to be an issue. PayPal is not letting me accept the money, even to just keep it in my PayPal account. In order to accept the money, it makes me either put it into my bank account directly or keep in PayPal, but only if I make a PayPal card account or something like that. How am I supposed to accept the 150 USD if they expire within 30 days if I don't accept the payments? All I need is for that money to be accepted and stay in my PayPal. I really don't like the way this was done. If I can't accept the payments, I have no clue what happens.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.