Accept a refund request but not the claim itself?

TheNess
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, hope the "merchant community" is the right place for this question. 🙂

Is there a way to accept a refund request without accepting the claims in it? Ie. saying "the customer is wrong, but I'll still refund him"?

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheNess 

Dude, I wrote and submitted a whole response and since you moved the topic, it's gone and lost! 😖

Just write in the dispute that you while you vehemently disagree with the buyer's assessment of the product being not as described because a demo version is available for trial, will issue a refund through the dispute because it didn't work out for them. That's all you can do. The buyer's opinion of the product won't get released out to the public since these disputes are private anyway. It's just one buyer's opinion or a buyer's remorse situation and Not As Described is closest the reason the buyer felt was appropriate to try to get a refund. 

Even if you instead issued a refund through the original payment transaction and let the case time out and close on it's own, it makes no difference.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TheNess 

Dude, I wrote and submitted a whole response and since you moved the topic, it's gone and lost! 😖

Just write in the dispute that you while you vehemently disagree with the buyer's assessment of the product being not as described because a demo version is available for trial, will issue a refund through the dispute because it didn't work out for them. That's all you can do. The buyer's opinion of the product won't get released out to the public since these disputes are private anyway. It's just one buyer's opinion or a buyer's remorse situation and Not As Described is closest the reason the buyer felt was appropriate to try to get a refund. 

Even if you instead issued a refund through the original payment transaction and let the case time out and close on it's own, it makes no difference.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.