Abuse: Claim closed before allowed time was reached, shamful excuse given!!!

mrjjrk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I would like to let you know my story. Perhaps you too have noticed that the "PayPal protection" strangely doesn't work that well for expensive items... Back in January 2017, i ordered a computer. It wasn't as it's supposed to be, so i opened a claim.

Due to the expensive price (+700euros) and the risk of sending back an item to China, several partial offer were made, as well as other workarounds (with the compliance of PayPal, always). In the end, the case was closed seller's favor 4DAYS before my action limit date.

Came back to PayPal many times, they pretended that "i didn't respond during the time i was supposed to". Probably just reading emails without looking.. Or just being crooks? You choose. Anyway, i never gave up. I tried everything : email, phone calls, social media, etc...

I'm still there this year! They "re-examinated" the case this week and guess what they replied? Again, an enormous outrageous justification "you had 6days to reply though"..!!! They ask us to follow strict guidelines, but they don't? I never said i won't take action/reply before the date limit.

Yet they closed everything. Even the manager i had over the phone that time recognized "there was something wrong on our side" and though that "you"ll certainly get refunded". Yet i still wasn't, because people above are not honnest. I WILL NOT GIVE IT UP. Happy to hear about your similar cases.

PS: If you wonder why i post this here : 1/ There are much more people/faster replies here and 2/ I want as many as possible to know what happened to me. DO NOT DELETE, you have no reason to.

Regards.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mrjjrk
Contributor
Contributor

Wow it's going down so quick here!!!

Login to Me Too

mrjjrk
Contributor
Contributor

Bump here!!!

Login to Me Too

mrjjrk
Contributor
Contributor

Strange that there's no reply, nobody's interested..? Even though it's different country/language, it's the same kind of abuse we"'re all facing!!!

PP-GMAIL1.png

PP-GMAIL2.png

Login to Me Too

mazchillin
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, i have had the same issue paypal closed my case and lied and said no response recieved. They closed the case in sellers favour .when i contacted paypal and spoke to the adviser after been put on hold a long time time he cut the call. Paypal is a terrible service will no longer use.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.