Absolutely unacceptable from Paypal.

Pythonmsh
Contributor
Contributor

On July 26th I had 7 transactions that were made in a 5 minute period for Twitch interactive. I noticed the first one and immediality went to go to my Twitch account to figure out what was going on.. I wasn't able to log into my account, tried doing a recovery for both my emails and my account was not showing up. At this point I'm pretty confident my account has been hacked, my brothers account was hacked a few months back. I haven't made any subscriptions on Twitch ever besides Twitch Prime or a random ~$2-3 donation once in a blue moon.

Shortly after this happens I'm getting Emails from paypal itself for fraudulent charges. I file a claim with Paypal trying to explain the situation and it says it could take up to two weeks for a response. So I decide to call U.S Bank about it and they agree with me and decide to block any transactions that try to come through paypal. Another day goes by and Paypal sends me an email saying that my claim was denied and they do not believe it was fraudulent charges and I have to send them a letter with the case ID's for the reason why it was declined.

I can't believe Paypal is allowing these fraudulent charges when they even sent me emails of suspicious activity. Twitch.. who apparently had 7.8 million accounts information hacked a few months ago and I believe mine was one of them.

The email that is tied to my Twitch account is an old email I rarely ever check because it's more of a spam email. I noticed I had 60-70 logins on my twitch account starting on the 7/19/2019. My twitch password was changed and so was my username. After I was able to successfully log in to my Twitch to figure out what was going on my account was wiped out and there's None of my followers, payment methods, subs, etc...

Twitch NOR paypal will be getting a dime of this money that I did not approve of...

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Pythonmsh
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal gonna ignore me here as well? Absolutely **bleep**. I will no longer be using PayPal from here on out.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pythonmsh 

If you want paypal then contact customer services.

This is a community forum and whether you use paypal or not does not really concern or bother us.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.