Absolutely impossible to contact PayPal

Garythebloke
Contributor
Contributor

I don't want to waste any more time with PayPal. Yes they are OK for buying stuff online, but when things go wrong they simply don't exist!

A chinese scammer took my money for a water feature  85$. I received no item and no confirmation of sale. According to PayPal the company (or single scammer) has sent an item using Fedex. Not only have I not received it even though someone called James has signed for it ?? but apparently the small box was only 11" x 9" x 2" - the water feature is 38" inches tall !

I opened a dispute which is being "resolved" but after looking through community messages it seems many are being scammed this way and PayPal does nothing or favours the "seller" because he sends tracking info

My  biggest gripe though is with PayPal. Every means of contacting them is just a runaround. Whether its message, phone or online chat, they are all robots leading up the garden path. How do you contact customer care?, where is the option to escalate a claim? how do you talk to a real person by any method?

I'm Frustrated, tired and despondent.

As I said at the beginning, PayPal are a ok for sending and receiving money but are rubbish for resolving issues

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

JeffreyBohn
Contributor
Contributor

Call them. Keep saying agent. When they ask you to rephrase just mumble something, at that reply say agent again. If it asks what it's about again just repeat the above. Beat the bots is the game you need to play here. If your not satisfied call back again, you will get a different answer every time you call.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Garythebloke 

Click on 'view' to get the escalate option on the next page and contact options are.......

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.