Absolutely appalling customer service please help me get my money back

Claire93
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have about 700$ USD in my paypal account that i have been trying o transfer to my bank for 15 days now, i kept getting the error "Unable to transfer funds to your bank please try later" so i called the customer service which was absolutely useless they kept telling me to wait 24 hours each time i called so i did, in the meantime paypal prompts me to confirm my bank account number and change password so i did.

after having waited long enough i asked to speak to a supervisor who was also absolutely useless he told me to wait until the system lets to do it and when i asked how much longer he said he can't say that because the system decides that and when i asked what the problem is he said he cant say that either because the system decides that !!! and this is the supervisor !!

ANYWAY the supervisor tells me i have only 3 options :

1 : to send the money bank to the source and ask them to send it somewhere else (the money came from HongKong)

2 : to add a debit card to my account and instantly withdraw the money and pay the 1% transfer fee

3: to wait ! he can't say how long or what the problem is so this isn't even really a solution cause I've been waiting for 15 day !

This is my rent so after having talked to the supervisor i try to add my debit card to my paypal AND MY ACCOUNT IS FROZEN and i'm asked to submit my proof of identity, proof of address, SO I DID

I uploaded my BANK STATEMENT

and MY TAX assessment both MOST RECENT, now my account says i have to wait for idk how much longer to get my own money back !

i have talked to customer service, talked to supervisor, confirmed my bank account, confirmed my bank account number, changed my password, submitted my notice of tax accessment from CRA, submitted my bank statement ! BUT I STILL CANY GET MY MONEY FROM PAYPAL !! AND THEY JUST TELL ME THEY CANT SAY WHY THE SYSTEM IS DOING THAT !!

IF SOMEONE CAN PLEASE ADVICE ME HOW I SHOULD PROCEED THAT"LL BE VERY HELPFUL or someone from paypal help me get my money back and i am never ever ever using this ridiculous service again ! 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claire93  

It's the security system. Since your account is limited now and having documents checked by the back office, who knows how long it is going to take because the time it takes to review cases vary widely depending on the unique circumstance of each case. Push comes to shove, may have to borrow that rent money as back up. 😞

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Claire93  

It's the security system. Since your account is limited now and having documents checked by the back office, who knows how long it is going to take because the time it takes to review cases vary widely depending on the unique circumstance of each case. Push comes to shove, may have to borrow that rent money as back up. 😞

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.