AMGT TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED

NZLOOSE
Contributor
Contributor

OMG , I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT THESE **bleep** WITS HAD SCAMMED, BUT I GUESS NOT.

I BOUGHT 3 MULTI TOOL BRACELETS AND THE Y SENT 3 CHEAP **bleep** BRACELETS, SO I OPENED A DISPUTE WITH PAY PAL.

AMGT TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED CAME BACK TO ME AND OFFERED ME A $7 USD REFUND OR SOMETHING STUPID LIKE THAT.

IT COST ME LIKE $90 NZD WITH SHIPPING TO GET WHAT I DIDN'T ORDER. SO AFTER EMAILS BACK AND FORWARD , I HAVE TO PAY TO SHIP THE **bleep** BACK TO THEM TO GE A FULL REFUND. WHICH ISN'T A FULL REFUND AS I HAVE TO LOSE MONEY SENDING IT BACK.

I THOUGHT THIS IS WHY PAYPAL HAS THIS INSURANCE COVER FOR WHEN FRAUD IS COMMITTED LIKE IT HAS BEEN.

DON'T BUY FROM FACEBOOK IT SEEMS TO BE THE BEST PLACE TO BE RIPPED OFF FROM COMPANIES LIKE THIS.  

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NZLOOSE 

"I THOUGHT THIS IS WHY PAYPAL HAS THIS INSURANCE COVER FOR WHEN FRAUD IS COMMITTED LIKE IT HAS BEEN."

No, that's where people get it wrong. Buyer protection is not a guarantee, warranty or insurance. PayPal never claimed this. It has its limitations.

Please read Buyer Protection terms:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Roadrace1
New Community Member

Have you read what you linked to? And you're asking for kudos and Solved????? 

The OP might have misspoken when he referred to it as insurance but he has valid points. The item he received was not what he ordered. That is fraud. He has asked PayPal for help, they are not helping. They are not complying with their own policy. 

Here's excerpts from the policy: 

Fraud prevention

Contact us if anything seems suspicious so we can help you protect yourself from fraudulent charges against your account. We'll never ask for sensitive information in an email.

Dispute resolution

If there’s a problem with a transaction, we’ll put a hold on the funds until the issue is resolved. We investigate and stay involved every step of the way.

Protection you can count on

If you don't receive the item that you ordered, or it shows up significantly different from its description, you may qualify for Purchase Protection, and we'll reimburse you for the full purchase price plus any original shipping costs, subject to terms and limitations. If you are charged for a transaction that you didn't make, let us know within 60 days, and we've got you covered.

Purchase Protection covers all eligible purchases where PayPal is used, as well as payments made through our website. To take advantage of Purchase Protection, we require, among other things, that PayPal accounts be kept in good standing and ask that a dispute be filed within 180 days of your purchase or payment.

What’s covered with PayPal Purchase Protection

• You bought a book, but received a DVD
  • You bought an item described as “new,” but received something that was used
  • You purchased 3 items, but only received 2
  • The item was damaged during shipping
  • The item is missing major parts (that the seller didn’t report)
  • You purchased an item described as authentic, but received a knockoff instead
You're Protected If:

1. You were charged for something you didn't purchase.

This may mean someone has used your PayPal account without your knowledge or approval. Report it within 60 days and PayPal will investigate. You will be covered by our $0 Liability for Eligible Unauthorized Transactions program.

2. Your order never arrives.

All you have to do is log in to your account and open a dispute to get the refund process started. If you made the purchase on eBay, start here instead.

3. Your order arrives, but it's significantly different than it was described.

There are a variety of scenarios that meet this condition, for instance:

• You received a completely different item.
    Example: You purchased a book, but received a DVD.
  • The item is missing parts or features, and this was not disclosed.
    Example: The listing said batteries included, but they weren't.
  • You purchased a specific quantity of an item, but received the wrong amount.
    Example: You purchased five pairs of fuzzy dice and only received four.
  • The item was damaged en route to its destination.
    Example: You bought a beautiful antique lamp, and it arrived in pieces.
  • You received a counterfeit version of the item.
    Example: You purchased a Rolex, but received a Faux-Lex.

I don't need any kudos and nothing has been solved here. PayPal needs to follow their stated policy and help the OP out with a refund. 

Login to Me Too

Essieanna
I ordered shelves and never received them. I paid thru PayPal and opened a dispute. The company I paid told me they would pay me $8.15 and a free gift. I paid $40.00. if you can send me a free gift, send me what I ordered. I closed the dispute hoping they would send me items. I'm a dumb butt I know but..... Now they will not answer any emails. I'm fed up with ordering anything
Login to Me Too

Sam1229
Contributor
Contributor
I have also ordered bathroom shelf and as soon as I ordered then then realized it wouldn't work I emailed them and told them I needed to cancel as it would not work for me. They hadn't even processed it for shopping so it should have been any easy transaction. They also emailed me back for a refund of 5 usd I paid 25. I said no I want full refund. So they totally disregarded my response and 5 days later shipped it. Which in return I'm returning to sender and not sure how I get my money back. This is total **bleep**. PayPal needs to help with this kind of fraud.
Login to Me Too

Abundance68
Contributor
Contributor
Got scammed by and hacker in my PayPal account.Steals intermittently.I thought PayPal was safest way to buy.See others have been scammed by AMGT Technology Ci.,Limited.Was on Facebook page.Customers BEWARE of this company
Login to Me Too

jjosh
New Community Member

I am also trapped with this company, I ordered Bathroom self and same modus operendy, my packet came to destination and went back wihout reaching to me and now I have filed dipute with PayPal and now they are offering some money back and a small gift and resend the packet. But it seems it is fraud.

Login to Me Too

grace_d
Contributor
Contributor
I am also fighting with them for my money back for a product I haven't received and ordered in April. I suggest you report them to the FBI IC3 Department as I have. Hopefully, it will get them shut down and locked up and everyone can get their money back. https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
Login to Me Too

Sabrina98ucf
Same thing happened to my husband. Ordered a shower corner shelf system from AMGT and paid like $56 for it. When it arrived it wasn’t what was pictured nor did what it said it would. Tried to contact AMGT to get a refund and no response. Filed claim through PayPal and AMGT finally replied and said they would refund our money if we shipped it back to China and provide tracking information. That was going to cost almost $90 so we would’ve lost more money. PayPal did NOTHING to protect us as the buyer so he will not be using them again.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.