AMGT TECHNOLOGY CO.,LIMITED

DWaalkes13
Contributor
Contributor

I was always of the understanding that paying through PayPal ensured one safety when ordering online. Am I wrong?  I ordered an item on dec. 10th 2019 for $32.98 and have not received it, I have emailed them several times and getting BS replies.  Today I sent it up the chain of command. I am going to be livid if I am out this money.  I always have issues when something is being shipped from China - that being the amount of time it takes to get here - have never lost any money.  My question is how do you know if the company is in out of the country - the business names I always think are American?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DWaalkes13 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DWaalkes13 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DWaalkes13
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Kernowlass

Login to Me Too

TjWeisz
Contributor
Contributor
in159557185296354 I'm still waiting for my order. Any idea where it may be ?
Login to Me Too

tiretester
New Community Member

this company is not a good company to deal with. I ordered a item from facebook on dec 10, 2019. two months later I received a product but it was not what I had ordered. they would not make it good and to return the item back it would cost me as much as I paid for the wrong product. I say again do not do business with this company!!!@

Login to Me Too

dthomasdixon
Contributor
Contributor
I was under the same assumption about PayPal making sure we as consumers were secure with payments. I have two orders with companies that I have not yet received and but have not way for me to contact them. PayPal will close the investigation and I’ll be out of $78.00.
Login to Me Too

mspanama
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates? I am in the same situation.

Login to Me Too

grace_d
Contributor
Contributor
I'm going through this problem right now. I've contacted this company many times for tracking and it's never in the system, they claim it was shipped on April 26, 2020. I still haven't received it. They claimed they would send a refund, a week later I still haven't gotten it. I contacted Paypal and they told me that the claim I filed in May was closed because I didn't escalate it in time, because me being dumb agreed to handle the situation with the company and keep PayPal out of it, a dog course once a claim is closed it can't be reopened. So now I'm **bleep** because Paypal won't help and this company has ripped me off for $37.52. PayPal suggested I make a report to the FBI IC3 Department. So I did so today and I'm hoping it works and I can get my money back and hopefully get this company investigated and shut down. I suggest you all do the same and hopefully they'll get enough reports to take action on them. Link to report them below: https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
Login to Me Too

SusieQsie

I ordered a dog clipper from them and when if finally arrived it wouldnt even cut through my husbands arm hair and I got a lot of push back from AMGT on a return.  I had to escalate with PayPal to get then to agree and they purposely sent me the wrong address information for the return.  By the time I got it back the time ran out on PayPal being involved.  No accountability and PayPal continues to provide services to a bad faith company. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.