ALERT! avoid SCAM: <removed>, uses PayPal and PayPal resolution center recognizes it

JLPC
Contributor
Contributor

I trusted so much PayPal that this week I bought an accessory for my WEBER BBQ in a site called <removed>, it included PAYPAL, so I said, perfect I'm protected.... after charging my account, it never provided me the invoice, nor details at all, I called the phone and wrote to the emails in the site and everything is FAKE!     I opened a case with the PAYPAL resolution center who responded the transaction was valid, closed the case and do not allow me to do anything else.   I lost almost $50, the very sad and upsetting thing, is that after so many years of using and trusting PayPal,  unfortunately it seems it is not anymore the company it used to be and now they are just allowing these scammers to make millions from innocent US buyers... SAD History

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Tempnsky4eva
Contributor
Contributor
I am going thru the samething. I order a Nintendo switch from this site called Nintendo switch Unlimited last month. Haven't recieved my package because either UPS or PayPal stole my items. UPS said that the tracking number that was given to them is under another name and another address. Now PayPal said they decided to go with the seller because in UPS system it says it was delivered but NOT TO ME. This is sad because my daughter really wanted that game now I am at a lost of $300 because I don't know what the next steps are. Do you have an idea of what I can do to either get my money back?
Login to Me Too

vinman21
Contributor
Contributor

Going through the same problem right now. Ordered from Berlinmap and never received invoice or confirmation. Tried to cancel by email but got no response. Called th[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]"customer service" number 10 times. No answer 6 times, 3 got a recording trying to sell me a Walmart card or auto repair service and then finally got someone on the phone who barely spoke English and he asked me about my bank card expiration date and birthdate even though I paid through Paypal. When I asked him to let me speak to someone who spoke English he hung up. I filed a claim with Paypal and they denied it saying they didn't see an issue. I've been using Paypal for 6 years and never had an issue with them but it seems that they are siding with Berlinmap.

Login to Me Too

JLPC
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, it is SO SAD that @paypal is not protecting the customers!!!   

Login to Me Too

cashew
Contributor
Contributor

I am in same boat! ordered a grill from Berlimap, used paypal because i thought i was protected. Wrong. Recieved reciept from paypal from individual instead from the company. not able to contact. will not use paypal like that anymore. I would have been protected more from credit card or my debit card. I realized it was mistake when i didnt get an invoice. Tried to stop the charges from going through my bank but bank said they could not stop paypal charges. if i used just my debit card i could have stopped it. Do not have the same trust in paypal as i did before! I will be wiser in the future. Bad for business.   Tim Allmond

Login to Me Too

LoveFarmer
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal let NuChu rob me of 215.00 hard earned dollars, and worse....they won't let me remove my payment out of wallet!!!  I am done with them and having to turn to my bank to get rid of Paypal.  I had 2 methods of bank pmts. with Paypal.  I was allowed to remove one but not the other.  Come to find out, my bank says I would have to shut down my checking and that goes to the credit bureau as a established account being shut down and a new one being opened.  Not a good move for credit report!  So, I will be starting a new account and still keeping the old with barely nothing in it to stop Paypal.  I will also order a new Debit card so that I don't have to further trust Paypal, as they are NOT trustworthy!!!  Thought someone might need this info!

Login to Me Too

Berzelius326
New Community Member
I’m out $525. Figured I’d be covered through PayPal. Still waiting for them to view my claim.
Login to Me Too

JLPC
Contributor
Contributor

It is so unfortunate, PAYPAL should BLOCK that scammer, but no, they do not and they do not cover the customers... very sad situation and terrible customer service from PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

likzhang
Contributor
Contributor

I’m out $62 for lego friends rescue mission boat 41381 from berlimap.com.Still waiting for the Paypal to view my claim.

Login to Me Too

DKilian

I just (unfortunately) placed an order through berlimap.com and also trusted I would be protected if I used paypal... no receipt or record of order placed-- payment immediately went to a 'kaibin Yang' and I received nothing I could track, so I called the number and got forwarded to a very strongly accented individual with a lot of background noise who hung up on me when i inquired about my order.

Immediately filled out a dispute with Paypal and will do the same with my credit card- -- Hoping paypal can close this FRAUDULENT MERCHANT.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.