ACCOUNT SUSPENSION: An Open Letter to PayPal

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to shed light upon PayPal's potential misconduct and the decision to close my account and withhold my money for 180 days. I also feel it is necessary to voice my concern regarding Customer Support's incompetence to provide sufficient information to a distressed customer and the fact that everything I have said always fell on deaf ears. I have been a member of this community for a while, and whilst I have enjoyed the benefits of using its services, I too have always tried and followed its Terms of Services, thus this decision to indefinitely suspend my account after TWO sales I made on eBay is deemed unjust and one-sided. I have provided an extensive amount of information regarding myself as soon as it was asked of me, I had several conversations on the phone with customer services, before and after I submitted these documents just ensure everything was in order, and they said everything looked great and that I should not be worried as this issue would be resolved ASAP. However, to my surprise, I received an email the next day stating that my account will be closed for good. To make matter worse, the email did not specify any reason to my account closure.

I have not had my account limited before and I am all but dumbfounded when this happened after only TWO personal sales I made on eBay. The buyer has received the item--a desktop processor (see tracking details/feedback) from the first sale, and I canceled and refunded the second one due to item unavailability (it was a set of cable extensions). So for the love of God, PLEASE enough already with this nonsensical excuse of "fraudulent or high-risk posing behavior", you know damn well I have not done such thing! What is wrong, is destroying someone's life by denying their right to their own HARD EARNED MONEY! I have always been polite in my letters, but you guys have pushed me over the edge, and I do a have lawyer friend who is ready to take this to court. Stop the BS and just tell me what I did wrong and be specific. Even criminals are made aware of their crimes, and yet you are all hiding behind this facade of BUYER PROTECTION. WHERE IS MY PROTECTION? In fact, this act by PayPal has posed a financial risk to me and has caused a greater emotional distress, which potentially ruins my life in the long run. I need this money to pay my rent. But I guess you guys would not care if I went homeless would you?

I have been politely asking to be made aware of my action which triggered all this nonsense, however, I only got a standard automated reply of "I have reviewed your PayPal-account and have seen that it is indeed limited permanently due to high risk selling activities. You can no longer use PayPal, after 180 days we will inform you how to withdraw your funds." If you in fact have carefully reviewed my account, then you know I have done nothing wrong, and what you are doing is clearly unjust and will not hold in the court of law, in other words illegal. You can close my account all you want it is your prerogative, but my money is MY RIGHT, and you cannot take that away. I am not, by any means, insinuating lawless affairs conducted by PayPal, but one can imagine the amount of profit one may get out of interests from holding millions of dollars for 6 months.

I understand the fund is on hold to circumvent any potential risk of chargebacks, but let's be real here; WHAT POTENTIAL RISK OF CHARGEBACKS are you talking about? The item has made it to the buyer safe and soundly (one buyer, no other sales were made aside from this), and he/she is happy with the purchase, thus eliminates this "risk of chargebacks" you are all so afraid of. I apologize for my hostility, but you clearly have no regards towards other people's lives and their welfare. There are thousands who would rally behind me and hold you accountable for this. €350 might not be a big deal for most people, but I am a student living off of a student loan and what I can make on the side, so that €350 is what stands between me having a roof over my head or becoming homeless.

Sincerely,

A. <removed>

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

culpster05
New Community Member
Omg!!! I AM GOING THROUGH THE EXACT SAME THING! I was asked to send a copy of my identification in and when I did they informed me that it had recently expired, which I was not even aware that it had. So I went and renewed it the very next day and when I went to send in the new copy, MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN PERMANENTLY CLOSED!! WITH $875.00 AVAILABLE, BECAUSE MY CUSTOMER HAD ALREADY RECEIVED THE ITEM ( LOUIS VUITTON HANDBAG) AND I HAVE ANOTHER ONE PENDING UNTIL THE ITEM REACHES MY OTHER CUSTOMER!! WHICH IS ON ITS WAY NOW!!! WHAT DO I DO??? AND WHAT IN THE WORLD DID I DO WRONG????? OMG IM GOING INSANE HERE!!!
Login to Me Too

Unjust
New Community Member

I have this problem now.  Had my paypal account since 2001.  Not a business account.  Out of the blue yesterday it is locked.  No explanation other than a generic "violation of terms and services."  When I try to get information, I get stuck in an endless loop of paypal hell.  Use our chat box, but it says it's not business hours, so come back later (even though it is within the hours of business they state in the chat denial.)  Then I finally figure out how to email.  I get a canned email response saying I need to call.  But, nowhere is there a phone number listed.  This is ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

SpencerRob
Contributor
Contributor
Having the exact same problem, except I have done sales since 2015 on PayPal with no chargebacks and I have $1100 they are holding. File complaints to BBB and Consumer finance. Also consider writing a letter to their corporate office and potentially suing in small claims court. That is the process I’m currently going through right now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.