ACCOUNT LIMITATIONS - I NEED TO CONTACT PAYPAL

JacobStaff70
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I have recently set up an online store. I switched my PayPal account to a business account which was all fine. I have started to generate sales and now PayPal have put limitations on my account. 

Which means I cannot move any money in my account, even when people are buying through eBay money is not going into my PayPal account. 

Under the resolution center, I clicked on account limitations and what was needed to resolve them. I have provided a range of documents to show 

Invoices from suppliers

Bank statements

confirmation of accounts set up with suppliers

customer orders with tracking information 

I have been trying to contact PayPal since 8am and there is no physical way to talk to anyone. Everytime you call them it just says due to covid-19 there is no one available to help. Which I understand but PayPal take a fee for every transaction so in effect I am paying for a service and would of expected better service. 

They could of said can you please supply these documents within the next 3 days to stop this happening. 

The problem I now have is that I need to place customer orders to meet delivery deadlines but cannot access the money to place these orders with my suppliers. 

If someone could please help. I have left messages with PayPal, filled out their contact form. 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

not much good news for you, I'm afraid.

paypal re not answering their phone lines.

Paypal are not answering their message system.

they are however monitoring the community, and any attempt to pass on phone numbers for Paypal, or any contact numbers or e-mail addresses for other authorities that could help are being removed straight away.

in my opinion, it says a lot about how Paypal are, or oare not, conducting their business at this time.

no one seems to accept the covid-19 excuse, as other financial companies etc are capable of still providing customer service, it just seems that Paypal is the only one that is using the pretext of covid-19 to **bleep** it's customers.

my advice would be to raise a formal complaint against Paypal with whichever authority regulates their activities in whichever country you live in.

most also allow you to claim compensation for the results of Paypal's 'failure to communicate with it's customers', which the UK FCA stated is a valid reason for a formal complaint.

Login to Me Too

JacobStaff70
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, I am going to look into this now, I understand that Covid is disrupting a lot of businesses but they have now us weeks to adjust to new working measures and it’s unacceptable. Due to their lack of communication I could be forced to lose thousands of pounds in sales. Again thank you for your contribution and I will be raising a formal complaint with PayPal
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JacobStaff70 

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Lots of folks are getting through ok at some point or another you just have to persist a bit.

Or

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

, but don't waste your time, from this thread it is pretty obvious that Paypal are not answering phones or messages, as posted by one person after another.

Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

if you are in the UK, try Financial Conduct Authority, or fill in an online form at the Financial Ombudsman Service, who have a specific complaint section for Paypal, but any attempt to list it will of course be blocked on this community.

says a lot.

just search on your normal search engine.

I submitted my complaint, stating failure of company to respond to / communicate with customers, and had an acknowledgement with minutes of submitting the complaint form.

as an aside, I am suddenly having to do photo verification, sometimes twice, per post.

just cause you are paranoid, it doesn't mean they are not out to muzzle you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JacobStaff70 

Ignore the negativity, loads of folks are posting about having to wait a while but eventually getting replies. Good luck.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

oh yes, so how many days is acceptable ?

I waited six days, no response to messages. over 100 phone calls, nothing.

messaged again at 09:43 today, three 'Our agent will respond to your message within 1 hour' messages, none of which of course resulted in any contact, and I I clearly stated I had lodged a formal complaint, you would think that any reputable company would actually read the message, and want to resolve it.

seems to me like you are just putting out the paypal line.

Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

what, no smart comment ?

sounds like 'esteemed advisor' actually equals 'paypal fob off poster'

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fedup741 

I can only give the options available, I will leave the smart comments to you.

Unlike you I would rather give the option for folks to TRY then just tell them to not bother at all.

Why is this? Because a lot of folks ARE getting through and have posted back to say so.

Therefore I will continue to encourage folks to persist and try and get through, you can do what you like.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.