ACCOUNT BLOCKED - CANNOT GET IT UNBLOCKED - CANNOT CLOSE THE ACCOUNT - BEYOND FRUSTRATED

SUZ888
New Community Member

Paypal have blocked my account and demanded copies of personal documentation before they will unblock it.  I have a personal account, NOT a business account, and none of my friends with similar accounts are being asked for this personal and private information.  I have the distinct feeling that this is some sort of PHISHING SCAM, but still... I am blocked from using Paypal. 

I have tried to CLOSE my account, because I have two cards linked to it... and feel very vulnerable to being hacked or scammed.  

WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS?  WHO CAN I REPORT THIS TO?  HOW CAN I GET MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT CLOSED?  I am so totally over this, I just want the account closed and to put an end to it.  

If anyone has had a similar experience please can you share it and tell me how you had the matter resolved.  Thanks, SUZ888

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @SUZ888,

I'm sorry to hear about the limitation. To learn more about limitations, please take a look here. An account cannot be closed until a limitation is resolved. A new account may also not be opened while a limitation is on an existing account.

I hope this information helps clarify!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.