A withdrawal was made that I'm unaware of.

Enigmatic_25
Contributor
Contributor

$99.38 USD was withdrawn from my PayPal Debit card on 01/02/2020. when I checked the history of my card online it said a purchase was made in a completely different country. And I'm unable to send an email or contact customer service to get any help. What should I do? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Enigmatic_25,

I'm sorry to hear that there was an unauthorized charge on the debit card that you have linked to your PayPal account. Does the charge appear in your PayPal transaction history? If it does, you can report the unauthorized transaction online. If it does not, you can contact PayPal customer service via one of the methods below to report the activity, and then also contact the card issuer to have the card closed and a new number issued.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Enigmatic_25 

Is there a number on the back of your card to call?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Enigmatic_25
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Enigmatic_25,

I'm sorry to hear that there was an unauthorized charge on the debit card that you have linked to your PayPal account. Does the charge appear in your PayPal transaction history? If it does, you can report the unauthorized transaction online. If it does not, you can contact PayPal customer service via one of the methods below to report the activity, and then also contact the card issuer to have the card closed and a new number issued.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Enigmatic_25
Contributor
Contributor

When I tried to report the problem using the resolution center I keep getting an error, if anyone ever contacts me will the problem be resolved and I get compensated for the loss or I'm not getting anything back?Resolution Center - Google Chrome 13_02_2020 5_56_04 PM.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Enigmatic_25,

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing an error. Please reach out to customer service using the contact options listed above. If there was unauthorized access, it will need to be addressed as quickly as possible to re-secure your account and investigate the transaction. 

Thank you!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.