A person in Resolutions needs to read my response!

Suzieq4u
Contributor
Contributor

I made an online purchase on May 8th for a pair of sandals/flip flops.  I paid with my PayPal account.  About a week later I received a very small envelope in the mail from the seller with a very small cheap plastic bead in the envelope.  This envelope was mailed to me from New Jersey.  I contacted the seller and he stated he would have to check with the postal system.  I opened a claim for the purchase.  After the seller was contacted by PayPal he stated he would give me a full refund back after I mailed his envelope to him in China.  This envelope would have to be mailed at my expense.  I am getting nowhere with the PayPal Resolution Center.  I don’t feel anyone is reading my explanation and probably feels if I am going to get a refund after I mail this small envelope back to him in China that it should all be good. I need a person to actually pay attention to what I have explained.  How do I do this and proceed from here?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Suzieq4u 

Realize that PayPal will end up requiring you to return item for a refund as well and on your dime too. Return shipping is not provided in the dispute.  Seller is only following PayPal's policy. That is PayPal's way of resolving the disputes if you and the seller can't work it out. When you escalate and PayPal rules in your favor, you must provide return tracking info or close case.

PayPal purchase protection may not be suitable here and with reduced staff, response will take longer unless a staff member by chance reaches out to you after seeing your post. You also have the option of forfeiting your PayPal dispute altogether and disputing with your card issuer instead if that is how you paid, which may have broader dispute terms than PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Suzieq4u
Contributor
Contributor

Ironic that I am expected to mail back essentially and empty envelope.  And to a completely different country which I will not be reimbursed for.  I just feel like there is not an actual person that is paying attention to what I have to say and explain.  It seems like the seller is the only one being taken care of here.  Am I the only one that thinks it is absolutely ridiculous what was done with mailing a fake piece of plastic in an otherwise empty envelope?!  If this wasn’t a scam I don’t know what it.

Login to Me Too

1someone
Contributor
Contributor

Made and order from site found out site was fake,

<removed> is a fake scam site

the delivery info you got from seller is fake

Pay pal denied my dispute

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1someone 

If you paid with credit card, you may dispute through your card issuer instead.

Login to Me Too

1someone
Contributor
Contributor

thru pay pal

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1someone 

Did you pay with a PayPal balance, bank account, or credit/debit card thru PayPal?

Login to Me Too

1someone
Contributor
Contributor

debit thru pay pal

Login to Me Too

1someone
Contributor
Contributor

paid debit thru pay pal

Login to Me Too

Suzieq4u
Contributor
Contributor

I paid with a credit card issued through my bank.  I may decide to contact them to attempt to get my money refunded.  I just hate for someone to get away with a scam.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.