A payment was marked as suspicious text from number 62226

ScottC2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Today, I made a payment of $140 to an American clothes store. I then recieved a text saying that this activity was suspicious, and had to press "1" to authorise. I pressed 1, I was charged. Paypal then sent:

"Payment not completed. Invalid phone number of email. Try again. Only UK numbers are suppported. No country code. Example: send 34.99 to 07555 000 123"

I am now concerned, I want to ensure this payment goes through, and my paypal account says the money was deducted from my account, but I am worried this payment will be cancelled if this is not resolved, since I have now received another text of the original text.

I tried calling paypal, but no luck since it's just an automated service.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Belitta
New Community Member
What did you do?
Login to Me Too

Phil-Champ
Contributor
Contributor

I called PayPal support today after experiencing the same problem and was told that this is a known bug in their software and that those texts can safely be ignored. That seems quite unsatisfactory to me. What are we supposed to do if a large transaction is actually fraudulent?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.