A new type of scamming clients using Paypal hole.

lseeyou
Contributor
Contributor

Dear members,

there's a new type of scamming clients through an online business using a Paypal hole.

Why i say that? Let me explain why being myself a business owner.

Recently i bought a suit online and they advertise like this https://freehue.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/spider

For $39,99 i bought it to make a surprise to my kid, as per description it included the logo gel on the chest, high quality suit and mask as you can see in the pictures.

What i received? A cheap suit, nothing like advertised.

IMG_6156

Now you can ask, where's the Paypal hole?

EASY!

Now paypal asks me, the client, to send it back to the seller and ship with tracking number aswell.

So i will need to pay around $20-$30 to ship it back and get a refund of $39,99. In the end i will pay around $20 for nothing!

Most people wont ship it back due to the hassle, time and money spent for nothing.

Paypal is not realizing this and they are being used by this scam business owners to take advantage of people.

I'm still waiting for Paypal to respond and take charge of this immoral business practices.

Thank you

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lseeyou

Hardly new.............

Paypal buyer protection can never be a 100% coverall, so in the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Omg, I would never buy from a shop like this. Bad written grammar, slovenly put together site. Just crusin’ for a bruisin’. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sharpiemarker

True, very true Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lseeyou
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry but isn't this different? Selling goods with false advertisement is FRAUD.

This should be protected by Paypal Buyer Protection and Paypal can't accept that no matter what.

Return Shipping it seems that works for US not for Europe.

Already contacted Paypal another 2 times through their contact form and there's  no reply from...

Case ID: PP-D-16377999

The weird thing is that i can only reply to this case IF i have a tracking number to send the order back... i have only 2 days.

Sorry Paypal but you really need to review your work ethics.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lseeyou

As I said paypal give you 'some' buyer and 'some' seller protection and the rest is up to you to risk assess your transactions.

You have to take responsibility with who you decide to trade with, paypal can't do everything for you.

Personally I wouldn't have touched that site with a 3 foot barge pole.

Paypals buyer protection clearly state you have to return the items back to the seller first so KNOWING THAT (which you should) then you would know in advance that the return costs would be more than the item was worth if it came from China etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.