A letter of authorisation, but I don't own a business?

Bubdm
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to a Business account, but I do not actually own a business technically. I am a streamer on Twitch.TV and I just hit the upper limit for receiving money on my account and was asked by PayPal to go Business. Now I need to change the name as well, but it is asking me for A letter of authorisation. In this letter I am requested information that doesn't really apply to me as I do not actually own a business.

I have explained that to every single person I spoke with, both via email and phone but they keep requesting documents that just do not apply to me.

What do I do next? Thank you in advance for your help!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome tot he PayPal Community.

it sounds like when you opened your PayPal account or upgraded to a business account that you claimed the account was being used for a registered business. This is not an issue, you just need to send an email advising that you do not have a business and are using the account for your own personal use therefore are unable to provide the requested information. This can be sent via the Help/Contact tab at the bottom of the PayPal website.

-David R 

Login to Me Too

Bubdm
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, can you let me know whats the reply time on Customer service, I sent and email 5 days ago and still haven't received a reply, I feel that incredibly unlikely for a big company like Paypal to leave customers hanging for such a period of time...

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Bubdm,

I'm sorry that you have not received a reply to your email yet. Please reach out by phone or by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter. A representative can look into the holdup with your email as well as assist you with the requirement you've been asked to meet.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.