A fraud seller on ebay trying to sue me..

anhthung
Contributor
Contributor

A fraud seller on ebay claimed I returned her chanel bag damaged which is a lie. I knew she would fake this because she sold me a fake chanel which I had paid a third party to authenticate it. They agreed it was counterfeit because her fake 'authentic card' gold digits and line(hologram)  was easily scratch off by my fingernails. She had me thinking I was crazy and accused an innocent person. So I had asked Chanel boutique sale associates and found out their authentic card can't be scratch easily or damage. I also compare my real bag authentic card with hers and mine can't be peel off. Anyway, she had caused me emotional distress. My anxiety, stress, and insomnia increase more each day with her. I get panic attack worrying for weeks! It drag on for awhile. I was afraid she will damage the bag or do something and claim I DID IT. So i called ebay and paypal and inform them my concern before i return the bag. I was told i had buyer protection and that she can't fake it. after paypal closed the claim and issue me the refund, a month later she message me and try to defend herself. Again she added more stress to me that effect my health and i thought the nightmare was over but a few weeks later she messages again to harass me. I had to call paypal and inform them because the experience with her was so horrible it scarred me and I just want to be left alone. She caused me to break down and cried! I have a busy schedule and had to deal with her and the issue repeatedly which i thought was over. I couldn't warn anyone else! Each time I see her messages i get panic attack and flashbacks from sleepless nights and when I do sleep i have nightmares that i lost thousand of dollars. She claimed paypal took her side that's why I have to return the bag and that she upload proof. Paypal told me its normal refund protection that I have to return the bag the way it was to get my refund. I called paypal almost everyday and follow up since the beginning of this incident and uploaded a lot of proofs. 

Now she trying to sue me and say i return her bag damage so now she can't sell it to another seller. I got a letter from a lawyer or attorney representing her. I called the number and the line said ' the number you are trying to reach is no longer in service or disconnected.'

What can paypal and ebay do? I am gathering everything I saved and plan to get a lawyer to settle this once and for all. 

Do you think it is worth it? what advice can you give me? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anhthung 

Sorry but mountain out of a molehill springs to mind.

You have written proof item is fake.

So any emails DO NOT READ just click delete and IGNORE.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anhthung 

Sorry but mountain out of a molehill springs to mind.

You have written proof item is fake.

So any emails DO NOT READ just click delete and IGNORE.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

anhthung
Contributor
Contributor

Do you think it is worth it if i sue her for the emotional distress that dragged on for more than a month? I hate to see someone else have to go through the same thing I did with her. We started out nicely and she talked about herself.  She mentioned that she is not a citizen here and will be interview soon for her citizenship. Are there ways I can warn others about her?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@anhthung 

Just ignore the emails/stop communicating with this person. You got your money back for the transaction, right? Move on with life. Or do you actually like the drama?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

anhthung
Contributor
Contributor
i dont like the drama. Each time i see more problem she try to create, it give me flashbacks of the nightmares i had because i was scared of loosing thousands of dollars for a replica bag. Her lawyer sent me a letter saying i must take down anything related to his client bag, so is this post a violation i should be worry about?
Login to Me Too

anhthung
Contributor
Contributor
also, i stop all contact with the seller since paypal closed the claim ans refunded me. it is her that keep attempting to reaach out to me. thanks! i just have to learn to block her out of my head
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.