A dispute when I've obviously been scammed...

allysmoma
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a claim because I couldn't get a reply from the seller. Several email addresses, fake phone number and address. Website was also a fake, which I discovered after researching - which I should have done FIRST. Lesson learned.

The seller did reply to PayPal after I filed my dispute/claim. Seller provided a tracking number that showed it was delivered. PayPal closed the case and found in favor of seller. I contacted UPS and they verified (have it in writing) that it was NOT delivered to MY address. PayPal address is correct but UPS can't tell me where the package was delivered, can only verify it was NOT delivered to MY home address. UPS told me to contact seller. Shocking, they won't reply to my attempted communications.
I am looking, also, for confirmation of WHAT item was shipped. UPS states the item shipped to the WRONG address weighed just 0.90 lbs. However, I ordered a swing set (also see attachment), which would have weighed well over 0.90 lbs.
It's obvious I have been scammed but I can't reopen this claim, even though I have documentation of my communication with UPS and photos of what I ordered.
What are my options at this point? Am I **bleep**? Maybe file a claim with my credit card company?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allysmoma 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@allysmoma 

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment or that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page), via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Allandale
New Community Member

How can I get a letterhead letter from the company that is a scam??????? I ordered a swimming pool on June 20, 2020 and the tracking # they gave Pay Pal said it was delivered on June 20,2020. Hello how can that be. Plus the weigh is 4.80 lbs. I think the pool will weight way more then that. 10 x 30 steel frame.  So where do I go from here. I have contacted my bank and hope they can reverse the charge of 99.98

Login to Me Too

allysmoma
Contributor
Contributor

I gave up fighting PayPal and disputed the charge with my credit card company. They refunded the full amount.

Login to Me Too

dianny81
Contributor
Contributor

Same happened to me, ordered an above the ground swimming pool and did not received, filled a dispute with PayPal and the seller sent an USPS Tracking number that says was delivered and left in mailbox (a swimming pool box in a mailbox?) on July 6, and the payment information (on Paypal's website) says the item was shipped on July 8 (the day PayPal closed my dispute), how can be possible? this is a big scam. Now a days buying through PayPal is not safe.

Login to Me Too

Spike11
I totally have the same scam going on! They obviously entered my info into USPS and got a shipping number from my Home Depot shipment (which had been ordered before the Paypal vendor item) and sent that to Paypal resolution as evidence that they had sent my package! Eight more days before clueless Paypal catches up to this item for me. How many more people will be scammed before Paypal gets their act together. I’m canceling Paypal after this. Sending all of this tracking, resolution and scam info to The Wallstreet Journal cyber investigations unit. Some negative PR for Paypal before X-mas might improve their resolution to their fraud and security problems.
Login to Me Too

Spike11
Tried phone and e-mail nothing works to stop a fraudulent payment I don’t use twitter. Two transactions in July, different vendor names, but turned out to be the same vendor. California based. Respond to complaints by saying they’ve “shipped” , but they’ve hacked your address with USPS and send a shipping number for something you’ve ordered from some other vendor. Their phone mailbox is always full and the email address (always a Yahoo address) is unreachable or non-existent or cancelled. My bank traced the vendor to a CA phone number, but again no response. “Ghost” vendor. I lost $196.00 this way. I’m not the only one and PayPal will only investigate through the resolution center. Rampant Fraud and Security Breach. Anyone know how to deal with this? PayPal will only let me access resolution center with faux responses and faux shipping info being sent to them by the vendor.
Login to Me Too

lenphish
Contributor
Contributor

i was hacked and have no clue how this person got my password. they stole 104$ from me today. i put in a claim for the dispute and they decided in favor of the thief. that is total **bleep**. i just learned of the 2 log in deal after paypal answered me on messenger. here i am about to go to bed and paypal messages that my claim is denied. i am so **bleep** off right now.

Login to Me Too

jphilzkie
Contributor
Contributor

@lenphish  same issue my $100  was taken and now 0 balanc

Paypal message centre is not responding almost 4 days from now. Why paypal always denied the disputes? i am worried on my case.

Login to Me Too

CrysChantille
Contributor
Contributor

I was scammed as well! I bought an inflatable water slide for $99. I knew it was too good to be true so I should have known better. I filed a dispute but PayPal closed it because the item was shipped. I received a pair of grey socks instead of a water slide!! I know this has happened to many people! I do not trust paypal at all. I'm going to try my luck and dispute the transaction with my bank. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.