A Wild Limited Account Appeared (The Permanant Kind)

_Edu_
New Community Member

So I've used Paypal a few times a couple of years ago. It worked great and it was easy to use. All of a sudden, it asks for me to verify myself using an ID and my Social Security. I did't have proper ID, but I tried to pass on a regular student ID to see if it would work (It didn't of course). That's when I stoped using it for two years until I was able to get a genuine ID.

I come back to see that apparently, they've been reviewing my last attempt for the last two years. I click on the "Idetification" tab where it takes me to a page saying that they're reviewing my verification and that will take 2-3 business day. Of course, the tab was glitched out, so I decided to reach out to customer service to see if they could maybe help me with this. After a day or two, I recieved an email saying that my account has been permenatly limited.

You're kidding. I've waited for two years, had to go through a bs glitch, and then they decide to limit my account stating "After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it."  I haven't used Paypal in over two years. What potential risks are there? They're also withholding all the money in my account for 180 days. More waiting! With two years of inactivity and then having them increase my wait time instead of helping me with no clear statement on what risks there are, I have been ultimatly duped.

I've already read over other peoples' posts on similar situations, so I'm not expecting a clear or effective aid from the community or Paypal themselves. However, I rather vent my fustrations with Paypal than just not do anything at all. Hope you guys have a great day and that you don't experiance any bad luck with Paypal like me.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.