8month long issue, no solution so far.

Haowen
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve had PayPal issues for 8 months now . Here’s an attempt of a quick summary. I started an online business and a friend joined , we quickly made a lot of money which we used PayPal as our payment system . ( all website , and legal accounts belong to me ) The issue is he had partial access to PayPal to speed transactions along and other stuff . Then one day he transferred himself 3000$ USD from my business account to his PayPal, changes all passwords AND recovery information ( INCLUDING PHONE NUMBER ) I contacted PayPal within the hour and the first customer service provider felt that locking the account would be the best option , so it happened . After a month long of calls between PayPal I learn that he’s been able to still take money out of the account . I’ve gone back and forth with PayPal , even contacted my local police . There was around 20 thousand USD in the account , or so I thought . After speaking to one of the agents I learned he had been contacting old clients and telling them to refund their purchases. What’s even crazier is the account is connected to my SIN number , which he has no information about . Ive told them to request for that specific number whenever he calls in ( all he does to call in is tell the email, address , and he’s in the account ) How scary is that . At this point all I want to do is close the damn account and recover the rest of the money ( which is now only 1.5k USD) I don’t know what to do , I don’t know who to contact . I just want this mess gone . It’s been a complete nightmare.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.