$500 cash stolen from my PayPal account at a Walmart and PayPal or Walmart can't help

sanwar0k9
Contributor
Contributor

This is a serious breach of customer trust and I will escalate this as high as i can with BBB and Federal trades commission. 

on August 16th 2019 Morning time Central Standard Time, somebody took out $500 from my PayPal account at a Walmart. This was unauthorized and the PayPal customer service wasn't agreeing that this was unauthorized. I am out of the country at the moment and during the time when this fraud happened. Walmart requires and checks IDs before handing Cash out. If i'm out of the country this was unauthorized because I wasn't physically there. They are unable to track the Walmart location to the transaction ID which is ridiculous. This is preventing me from taking legal specific action and report fraud activity and this crime. 

PayPal claims that in case of unauthorized transactions we can report within 60 days and customers will be at $0 liability. This claims seems to be wrong. This has happened to multiple people on this community thread with the same story. I was not aware as a customer that taking cash out of any Walmart from my account is a possibility. I used PayPal thinking it was secure in every shape or form but the partnership with Walmart is resulting in these frauds without any help to victims like me. 

This is a serious security issues and cannot be seen anywhere else in the finance industry. 

Is there anybody else out there who has successfully resolved this or who has any suggestions on what i can do? 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sanwar0k9 

Also file a report with ic3.gov

The PayPal app had to have been used if not a PayPal Cash card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sanwar0k9
Contributor
Contributor
Do you know anybody or any specific route I can take to resolve this? I’m still out of the country since 11th of August and this happened to me on the 16th so I wasn’t even physically in the country. PayPal keeps closing my case without any specific details and I keep going in circles.
Login to Me Too

Jchoi89
I had the same thing happen to me today as well. Changed my ssn and withdrew 500 at Walmart. I’m about to get in on the class action suit if they deny my case.
Login to Me Too

vivi040372
Contributor
Contributor
Just happened to me this morning as well at 8am California time at a Walmart !! I have my cell phone on me and my wallet and all forms of ID it was a breech and fraudulent and they won’t help me! $500 is a lot of money! Dam you PayPal you will lose so much business over this!
Login to Me Too

vivi040372
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same exact thing happen to me this morning at 8am all the details you mentioned are exactly how it happened to me. I was in bed sleeping when it happened and I got an email. I’m so angry!!! This is so wrong in behalf of PayPal to not secure and protect our accounts. They outsource customer service to Philippines and they give horrid customer service.
Login to Me Too

andrehighlife
Contributor
Contributor

Happened to me as well. I filed a police report and contacted local media stations. I am gonna blow the lid off this. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.