50 dollar Google card to cover fee for 2500 dollars?

mquinn1963
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds fishy but he wants me to get a 50 Google play card to cover the transaction fee to give me 2500? Showed me a pending transaction of 2500 to my PayPal? I have the screen shot... scam or ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Bowerbirdgirl
Contributor
Contributor
That pending transaction (if it’s real) can be recalled. In my experience... PayPal is really customer/buyer friendly and it’s pretty easy to get your money back from a “purchase.” However... once you give that person the $50 google play credit... it’s their’s. There’s nothing you can do to get it back.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Bowerbirdgirl
Contributor
Contributor
That pending transaction (if it’s real) can be recalled. In my experience... PayPal is really customer/buyer friendly and it’s pretty easy to get your money back from a “purchase.” However... once you give that person the $50 google play credit... it’s their’s. There’s nothing you can do to get it back.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bowerbirdgirl 

@mquinn1963 

Its a scam.

That was not paypal that you called it was a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
I guess you got that number either via google OR a scammer posting a thread in this forum.
Most times the threads get reported and removed but some slip through.
You can tell them because they post genuine advice but the phone number in a strange format to get around paypals security.

And why would paypal tell you to buy a google card or itunes voucher etc?? Smiley Surprised
That is why paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum.
The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to hit the 'call us' option to phone them by logging in and getting a code.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mquinn1963
Contributor
Contributor
It's the sender of the money not PayPal asking for the 50 dollars card. He showed a screen shot showing 2500 pending acceptance to my PayPal. I'm guessing he must have created the fake screen?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mquinn1963 

It's a scam. PayPal does not hide payments from you asking for gift cards, tracking numbers, send extra payments with third party payment processors or any other nonsense in order to see your money in your account. If you do not see a transaction, available or pending, of $2500 in YOUR PayPal account (like who cares if it is showing on their account, tbh) if someone REALLY sent payment, it's a scammer. 

Screen shots can be created or altered.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.