3 Unauthorized Payments. Can't report in Paypal Resolution Center

TPort31
New Community Member

Hello. 

I woke yesterday to three transactions that I did not make nor do I have a membership with. I am unsure how this happened. I have tried contacting Paypal via the number along with making several attempts with reporting the issue via the Resolution Center to be given an error message, stating that I cannot report this transaction at this time. I am unsure of what to do here. 

Can someone please support with this matter?  I am unsure if I was hacked or what?! I understand that there is a pandemic going on however there needs to be a support system in place to help customers. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

dispencer
New Community Member

I've had over 12 fraudulent transactions on my account and I have tried for at least 2 weeks to inform PayPal to no avail.  The customer service reps have not helped at all and they claim I owe them money for product I did not purchase.  Very frustrating and aggravating.  I will not pay for products that I did not order.  Keep track of every transaction and keep filing complaints.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @TPort31, @dispencer,

I'm sorry to hear you've both run into some unrecognized activity on your account. Normally, if you need to report any unauthorized activity through your PayPal account, you can do so through our Resolution Center. If you're running into issues reporting that activity through our Resolution Center, I'd recommend reaching out to our  Customer Support to research this a bit further. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact and then Message Us at the bottom of the PayPal page. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message. 

If you do not see the transaction in your PayPal history, we recommend contacting your funding source to see what options you have to report that transaction.

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.