-278$ What do i do now?

Foximite
Contributor
Contributor

Good morning, i just got 278$ stolen from my account, it was transferred to another account, and i have no idea what to do now. I reported a problem to Paypal and they told me the following:

"Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection."

For some context, i don't check my paypal often, i only use this account to receive payments for a company i work for. 5 Days ago i received 5$ from this person and and than 3 days later, this same person withdrew 278$ from my account, only this morning when i went to check my balance did i realize that all of this had happened.

I have never used this account to pay for anything. This account is also linked to an e-mail that i use just for paypal and nothing else, with a pretty secure password. The only transactions that happens in this account is me receiving money from the company and me transferring to my personal bank account.

This was a whole month's work, please tell there is way to get it back

Thank you in advance

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.