2 pairs of boots purchased on Facebook via pay pal nothing like photos or descriptions

Hed4
Contributor
Contributor

When the ankle boots arrived they were flat packed in about an A4 plastic envelope. They had come from China, which was not in advert, the leather was thin, dog or cat the smell was awful. They were nothing like ones shown the would not stand up and were creased, I contacted the seller several times making clear I wanted a refund plus postage to send them back. I was given an address in Scotland and a post code.

i had to fill the address in manually.  I booked my Hermes to pick them up tomorrow to be signed for.

i handed the case to pay pal. The address they gave me was in Morroco not Scotland as the previous address. I paid the postage via PayPal and hope I get it back. They have sent me weird emails

with me as the seller. Them I tried the robot which could nor help and there was no live agent. I am not happy as they haven’t read my paperwork or looked at photos. The boots are being collected tomorrow to go to Scotland and be signed for.????_  I am very very cross.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Hed4,

I'm sorry that there is a discrepancy between the mailing address given by the seller and the mailing address provided by PayPal. In a situation where there is a claim opened, you should always ship to the address provided by PayPal in the claim, in order to be protected. PayPal is unable to confirm that the item has been delivered to the seller if it is shipped to an address other than the one provided in the PayPal case.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Hed4
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,

The address that pay pal gave me was the same as the one the seller gave me.

i always check the addresses. This was certainly a Scam. The boots were nothing like advertised on Facebook, they arrived

flat packed two pairs in a single plastic bag not much bigger than a very large envelope. They were two sizes bigger than they were supposed to be and all **bleep** up, the smell was awful they were thin, I am guessing dog. They had come from China.

I had been in touch with someone called Anna in this Country or supposedly when I purchased them as I wanted to go down a size she agreed to sort it out as well as a discount that hadn’t been given. I sent all the information to the seller via PayPal, she sent me a return address with postcode in Scotland, the Road and postcode existed but not the number,

it was the same as PayPal were given, I sent them Hermes signed for,  there was no 21 or even a firm by the name given,

I contacted Hermes and they checked,

so I got back to PayPal and they found in my  favour and told me to throw the parcel away, I phoned Hermes and told them to do this, they had also sent me an email with the details and I replied to that, the boots were not fit to give to Charity. I won’t buy anything from Facebook again I should have known bett. I am only glad that I paid by PayPal and they will investigate this. I hope no one else gets caught out.

regards

Heather

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Hed4,

Thank you for providing an update! I'm glad to hear that PayPal was able to resolve the situation for you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

suzie00
New Community Member

Hi I bought a pair of boots on Facebook.

They came and looked nothing like in the video add.

They were poor thin fabric and glue marks between sole and side of fabric.

I asked for full refund, over 13 days. Eventually I claimed via Paypal.

I noticed my case has closed in favour of seller.

I've lost $30.98 with not reason why? I have tried to talk to Paypal via chat line

and sent emails too.

No reply other than automated I just want to actually talk to someone to tell me why

its not in my favour to receive a full refund.

I wonder if they are the same products.

Any help would be great.

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @suzie00,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with a dispute.  For this situation, I would suggest you contact us to provide additional details.  To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.  I hope this helps.

Thanks

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.