2 Weeks Before Christmas And They Have Held Over £2300 For 180 Days! No Reason Given, How Do I Sue?!

thrivingwithw
Contributor
Contributor

It is 2 weeks until Christmas and randomly PayPal has put a 180 day hold on my money over £2300, I have invoices for the sales and purchases of every item I have sold. There was no notice, warning or reason given (here is the email I received). I have never had an issue with my PayPal account besides the 2 day brief hold while i confirmed my identity 2 months ago.

This seems like fraud and we all know the real reason for 180 day hold is because of interest...if they really were done with you and didn't want to do business with you anymore then they would send me the money and close my account.Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 08.34.30.png

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thrivingwithw wrote:

It is 2 weeks until Christmas and randomly PayPal has put a 180 day hold on my money over £2300, I have invoices for the sales and purchases of every item I have sold. There was no notice, warning or reason given (here is the email I received). I have never had an issue with my PayPal account besides the 2 day brief hold while i confirmed my identity 2 months ago.

This seems like fraud and we all know the real reason for 180 day hold is because of interest...if they really were done with you and didn't want to do business with you anymore then they would send me the money and close my account.Screen Shot 2018-12-07 at 08.34.30.png

They did close your account but they need hold your funds there to cover disputes against you by your customers hence the 180 days wait. You somehow violated their user agreement. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

thrivingwithw
Contributor
Contributor

All my items have been delivered and had good feedback through PayPal so please do not try and justify a 180 day hold on my funds. By law a customer has a right to know the details and reasoning of the permanent limitations, the guy on the phone said he couldn't find any details or reasoning for the limitation, I recorded the call personally as evidence for court proceedings.

@sharpiemarker wrote: They did close your account but they need hold your funds there to cover disputes against you by your customers hence the 180 days wait. You somehow violated their user agreement. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thrivingwithw

They do not have to give you a reason if they don't want your business anymore.

And they do not ban accounts to get the interest, what would be the point???

They WANT folks to have paypal accounts as they get paid when you buy or sell so banning an account and freezing the funds would be counter productive.

So you must have violated their policies somehow.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.