180 days, zero help!!

Lunzalu_K
Contributor
Contributor
Paypal "limited" my account in August 2019 for reasons they couldn't explain to me. I was told to wait for 180 days. It's now April 2020 and still zero help! What's even frustrating is how difficult it is to get assistance from their customer service. Depressing even more at this crisis time when money is crucial.
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

jaycburn
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I've been waiting since December to get access to £100,000 that was put on an unjust jumpstart reserve. It's damaging my business and the lives of my staff

Login to Me Too

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @jaycburn, I hope you're doing good! 

To remove the limitation on your account,please follow these steps:

Go to the Resolution Center.

Click Go to Account Limitations.

Click Resolve beside each step.

If you complete the required steps and we ask you for more information by email, please respond as soon as possible so we can get things resolved. If we've asked for additional information, but you are unsure what to provide, please review the kind of documentation we accept.

By following some simple guidelines, you can improve your performance and reduce the likelihood of limitations.

If you received an email stating that your account is limited, but don't see any steps in the Resolution Center, you may have received a fake email. Forward it to spoof@paypal.com and we’ll investigate it for you. After you send us the email, delete it from your inbox. If you clicked any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log in to your account and view your transactions. It’s also a good idea to change your password.

But if you need further assistance you may contact PayPal by: 

1. Logging in.

2. Click HELP at the top menu.

3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Other way around is to try contacting us via Chat Support.

Have a great day and take care always.

Login to Me Too

jaycburn
Contributor
Contributor

Hello @Sidney08 

Thank you for the response. I have done all of these steps previously and provided full documentation. It was after this that they placed a £100k hold on my account. 

Can you look into the ID I was given for the reserve: PT8912457
I don't have anything in the Resolution Center, it just states there is a reserve on my account when I look at my pending balance.

Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @jaycburn 

I am very sorry, I do not have the option to pull up any account through this way. For you to get an accurate answer, please contact us through chat support. Our chat support has the only way to review your account. I can only give you insights about paypal reserves please click this link https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-are-paypal-'reserves'-faq2371?app=searchAutoComplet...  

To get in touch with our chat support, please go to www.paypal.com . Inside the box regarding Covid19, please click the highlighted phrase "send us a message".

Thank you for being patient. Please be safe. 

Login to Me Too

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Lunzalu_K , I hope you're doing fine. 

To remove the limitation on your account,please follow these steps:

Go to the Resolution Center.

Click Go to Account Limitations.

Click Resolve beside each step.

If you complete the required steps and we ask you for more information by email, please respond as soon as possible so we can get things resolved. If we've asked for additional information, but you are unsure what to provide, please review the kind of documentation we accept.

By following some simple guidelines, you can improve your performance and reduce the likelihood of limitations.

If you received an email stating that your account is limited, but don't see any steps in the Resolution Center, you may have received a fake email. Forward it to spoof@paypal.com and we’ll investigate it for you. After you send us the email, delete it from your inbox. If you clicked any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log in to your account and view your transactions. It’s also a good idea to change your password.

But if you need further assistance you may contact PayPal by: 

1. Logging in.

3. Scroll down and click CONTACT US.

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/PayPal/

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal

Other way around is to try contacting us via Chat Support.

Have a great day and take care always.

Login to Me Too

Lunzalu_K
Contributor
Contributor
Dear @Sidney08, thank you for your feedback. However, I did all that you have said and I'm still having a problem with my account. I even left countless messages via resolution center, Twitter and even Facebook. I keep wondering if PayPal has a customer service team. How comes I get faster responses here than on the PayPal messaging platform? Will I ever be assisted?
Login to Me Too

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Lunzalu_K 

Here's how you can get a representative.

1 Log on to account

3.Scroll down and click CONTACT US.

4.Scroll down to click EMAIL US ; Message Us or other contact options available.

Login to Me Too

Lunzalu_K
Contributor
Contributor
@Sidney08, thank you. I have done all that. Can you please advice on on how long they take to respond? None of my messages have been answered since February 2020.
Login to Me Too

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Lunzalu_K 

I'll be very honest with you. Right now it breaks my heart that we cannot respond as fast as we can to help you resolve your concern. We only have limited agents that are working in this department. We hope to extend your patience. As soon as our live customer support are available ,you can contact them.

I only hope that we get back to our normal lives. Be safe.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.