180 days limitation has ended

Louise871
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone can some one help me please . My account was limited on the 21st January 2020 I was told it will be limited for 180 days then I would receive email to access my funds after 180 days. It is now past the 180 days on the 21st July 2020. I have tried to contact through messages and emails facebook I'm still getting no answer it fills like I'm being given the run around I'm getting really angry with it now .what else can I do . The money is for a mobile phone I purchased through music magpie it's my refund I have contacted music magpie they carnt do anything has the payment didn't fail with PayPal it's showing in my account since 2ND July. Now pay pal is saying I can no longer use there service anymore I have tried to send ID call message email and facebook still nothing. If I'm not allowed to use there services anymore how can they withhold my money why carnt it be sent back to music magpie has failed. Any ideas anyone

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pearson3 

@Louise871 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

Pearson3
Contributor
Contributor
I am experiencing exactly the same problem , my 180 days have gone past and they owe me £830 .. i have messaged them countless times but i keep getting the same generic message each time no matter how i phrase my query .
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pearson3 

@Louise871 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal holds any funds for 180 days as that is the same time frame that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then 'normally' you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Marchinghealth
New Community Member

I have been waiting on my funds for 8 months. I mistakenly opened a business account and put my business name as the contact info. PayPal locked my account because it did not match my personal identification. I have called PayPal dozens of times, but have not been able to speak for an actual person since February. The automated systems do not understand my problem, and just hang up on me. I have uploaded documentation for myself and my business multiple times, but it continues to be denied. The lack of customer service has been extremely frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Louise871
Contributor
Contributor
I can agree with your frustration the customer service is really bad if u message email and try and call no-one ever there to speak to never have I ever experienced customer service like pay pals so bad
Login to Me Too

tgrd
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also in the same boat. Paypal is starting to look like a bunch of scammers to me right now. 

Login to Me Too

Vlady-1978
I hope I get my money, because It's a check from workforce so they know it's legit And I really need my money. Wonder when will everything be up and running ? I hope not to long from now.
Login to Me Too

Aaronbolger1
New Community Member
Same man I’ve been waiting since the 12th December 2019 and the money is still unavailable to withdraw I went on my account and it’s asking for the same info it did in December
Login to Me Too

dennis191
Contributor
Contributor

Jesus christ

Login to Me Too

Vlady-1978
They owe 3535.54 so you know I want my money, even of it were 100.00. I hope and pray everyone get throughout get what's theirs no matter how much. But them being a business that's wrong, because we put our trust in them enough to even allow our money to go through them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.