180 days hold!!

Venus24
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** Paypal!! I need to get my money because I need it for my enrollment yet you hold my funds! Whats wrong with you! <removed> ! I dont know what to do now! I did ot do anything, i did not do anything wrong!!! PLEASE HAVE MERCY PAYPAL! I NEED MONEY ASAP. OUR CLASS IS ALREADY NEXT MONTH!!!!

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TechnicsAU 

Theres lots of ways dependent on which country you are in but some are..........

using a VPN.

paying using the friends/family option.

using your account to purchase items against paypals acceptable use policy.

abusing the buyer protection policy.

etc

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Goldskies2
Contributor
Contributor
Mines been longer than 180 days and no one will give me a straight answer
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Goldskies2 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation or account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

temp20220221
Contributor
Contributor
Mine has been permanently limited for a year and 2 weeks just about.i waited 180 days and they still didnt release my funds now they wont even give me details on why they just say no further info can be provided
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi Tylerk1992, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum

Your question is very account specific, and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www facebook.com/PayPal/, Twitter - @AskPayPal., chat or phone and we would be happy to advise.

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

JenerSilva
Contributor
Contributor
How much money was it? Go to your small claims court in your state. If you funded the account by bank then file a dispute and show proof that you've sent this money and PayPal refused to fund the account. The courts will contact PayPal and they will have to release your money if you sumbit your paper work.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JenerSilva 

Do they have states in the Philippines  🤔

Do you actually know what you are talking about? They didn't FUND a payment at all, they are talking about RECEIVED payments being held in their paypal balance because their paypal account has been permanently limited.

Paypal holds their funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened in 180 days then they are allowed to withdraw the funds.

And equally I don't think they have small claims courts in the Philippines either, not that that matters as paypal user agreement where they clearly state they can hold funds for the above reason was agreed in every country paypal operates.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JL42
Contributor
Contributor

Is anyone getting tired of this guy?

Login to Me Too

jason-p1

Your answer is complete **bleep**

If it was about chargebacks, then the thieves (I mean PayPal) would just let you REFUND the payments being held. When they permanently limit your account you can do 2 things... jack and **bleep**. No refunds or anything.

Login to Me Too

uaktas45
Contributor
Contributor
paypal policies are very bad. He confiscated my money for 180 days. They must solve this problem. But the money that stands in the safe of paypal is better for the paypal company. Unfairly doing paypal company. I think the money they made from the commission fees is not enough.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.