180 days hold!!

Venus24
Contributor
Contributor

**bleep** Paypal!! I need to get my money because I need it for my enrollment yet you hold my funds! Whats wrong with you! <removed> ! I dont know what to do now! I did ot do anything, i did not do anything wrong!!! PLEASE HAVE MERCY PAYPAL! I NEED MONEY ASAP. OUR CLASS IS ALREADY NEXT MONTH!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Venus24

If your account has been limited then you have to wait 180 days before you can withdraw the funds.

This is the same time schedule that buyers have to open Paypal disputes, so Paypal hold the funds in case they need to use them to refund your buyers in the event of a dispute being raised.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
79 REPLIES 79
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Venus24

If your account has been limited then you have to wait 180 days before you can withdraw the funds.

This is the same time schedule that buyers have to open Paypal disputes, so Paypal hold the funds in case they need to use them to refund your buyers in the event of a dispute being raised.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Venus24
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, what do you mean refund? I dont think they should have a refund. Look, paypal is giving me so much problem. I need my money asap. My uncles has sent me that for my enrollment.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230526A
Can you please help me to get out of limitations
Login to Me Too

Venus24
Contributor
Contributor
Is there anything I can do to get my money? And send it to other paypal account? So that I can just get it?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Venus24

If they have limited your account and held those funds then sadly no.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Venus24
Contributor
Contributor
Why is that so? 😭
Login to Me Too

lowelagonzales0
Contributor
Contributor
I need to buy milk for my baby ,why you hold my money in 180days😥😭😭😭
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lowelagonzales0 

No one here is holding anything.

However..........

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.