180 day limitation

ragerskyy
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there.

Over half a year ago I sold a new phone on Ebay. The customer claimed he never got it and opened a dispute. I provided the tracking number and receipts as evidence. The case was won in my favour. Then the same customer opened a chargeback on paypal again, claming "his money back", my funds were put on hold yet again. I provided the receipts, and tracking information aswell. After that the dispute was closed and I won.

Shortly after I recieved a notification that my account was temporarly limited, (I googled it and it was because of the disputes). There was an option to "resolve" the limitation by providing my full banking information, ID and receipts for the item I purchased and later sold. I submited everything, waited a couple of days and my account was then "Permanently limited". I tried getting a hold of paypal human support for months, I had no luck. One time I waited over 1 hour for a "customer support person" just so he could hangup on me. Everytime I call the support I either get cut off or If I message the help centre I get a bunch of generated bot responses, about 5 replies in I see that an actual human responds that I should wait the 180 day peroid.

It has now been more than 180 days (180 day mark was on the 1st of April). I recieved no email, tried calling/messaging for support, no luck. The account has funds on it, which I cannot access.

I find it unfair, lost about 500€ due to people trying to scam and instantly opening disputes. And obviously me being a "new" account on ebay and listing something for over 300€ I get flagged. I just wanted to sell the phone, make the quick buck and be gone. I swear the customer support on here is horrible.

I don't know what to do. Should I forget about the funds? Should I keep trying to call the non-human support.

Any answers are appreciated

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ragerskyy 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

You can normally withdraw via any linked bank account / card already on your permanently limited account. I don't think you can add a funding source to that account.

So your best option is to contact customer services and ask them to link a card for you OR send you a cheque with the balance in the post as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-money-out-of-my-paypal-account-faq2316

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.