15 years and Paypal decided that a recent transaction was not fruadulent.

bankai277
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for reporting this case.  After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection. 

This is the information that I had just received. Apparently not 5 minutes after this was found on my bank account, I contacted PayPal to say that this was not my doing. It took probably 5 minutes for PayPal to look into this transaction and say that it was authorized.

No, it was not. I contacted PayPal as soon as possible only for them to tell me I cannot get a refund. My account was stolen and my information was changed then I made a dispute. Why was this case decided on so quickly? It obviously was not me and I contacted the company that the account was used and they told me that it's PayPals problem.

15 years only to have someone steal this much time and money of mines.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @bankai277,

I'm sorry to hear that the dispute was not found in your favor. Is there any possibility that the transaction was conducted by someone in your household or who had access to your device or computer? If not and you believe that there was a mistake in the review of the dispute, please contact customer service to appeal the decision. 

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

bankai277
Contributor
Contributor
No, no one else lives here in my home but me. No one else has my password for my personal computer. Apparently all PayPal needs only 5 minutes to decide the if the transaction was family or really by the account owner. Oh and btw, no cases can be reopened because PayPal doesn't believe in reviewing a single dispute. Imagine if they had a real human look over these said cases.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.